The Alameda County Foster Parent Association Board members met recently and discussed ways to provide additional support to the membership during the COVID-19 pandemic. The Board made a decision to increase the Scholarship Budget by $2,000 and to use some of these funds to support families with a special ACFPA COVID Grant. This grant can be requested by ACFPA members for the purchase of educational products, games and learning programs that can be used to enrich the child/youth’s life during the Stay-At-Home orders.
These products can be purchased from any store. Below are examples of sites that carry wonderful products for children of all ages:
The ACFPA COVID Grants will be awarded on a first come first served basis starting on May 18, 2020 through the end of 2020 as our budget allows. Each grant will be for a maximum of $100 per household.
Please note that the ACFPA Scholarship program is also available to supplement the cost of enrichment and educational activities for your children, including virtual classes, camps or tutoring. In order to be able to support the greatest number of families with these funds, members are asked to consider carefully which of these financial programs would be most supportive to their children and to apply for either a Grant or a Scholarship.
- The ACFPA COVID Grant is available for foster, adopted and biological children and youth of currently licensed Resource Families.
- To be eligible for this Grant, the caregiver must be a good standing member of the ACFPA.
- There is a limit of one grant per household
- A child/minor will need to choose between a grant or a scholarship and will not be eligible for both.
- Find the product you would like to purchase for your child/children. You may choose up to 3 items for purchase, not to exceed $100.
- Do NOT purchase the product(s). Reimbursement will not be made for items purchased prior to receiving your notice of award.
- Complete the ACFPA COVID Grant Application form.
- Submit your grant application to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to: ACFPA, 1271 Washington Ave #659, San Leandro, CA 94577
- Applications will be reviewed on a first come first served basis and notification will be provided to the caregiver within 2 weeks of submission using the email noted on the application form.
The ACFPA COVID Grant will be administered by the ACFPA Scholarship Committee. For questions, please use the Contact Us page.