As we enter into another year of closures and COVID restrictions, the ACFPA Board voted to once again make the ACFPA COVID Grant available to our membership. This grant can be requested by ACFPA members for the purchase of educational products, games and learning programs that can be used to enrich the child/youth’s life during the Stay-At-Home orders.
These products can be purchased from any store. Below are examples of sites that carry wonderful products for children of all ages:
The ACFPA COVID Grants will be awarded on a first come first served basis starting on February 14, 2021 through the end of 2021 as our budget allows. Each grant will be for a maximum of $100 per household.
Please note that the ACFPA Scholarship program is also available. Applications are being accepted now through March 15th, 2021 for the first Scholarship period. With kids involved in virtual classes for most of last year and much of this one, please consider using this Scholarship to supplement the cost of virtual tutoring sessions for your children who have fallen behind in their education.
Please also note that a new scholarship type was launched last year, called the Achievement Scholarship. This scholarship was created to support older kids, through 22 years of age with expenses associated with preparing and applying for higher education/college or trade type programs along with participation expenses, work programs and internships (both paid and unpaid), and job search and attainment endeavors.
Eligibility for COVID Grant and Scholarships
- The ACFPA COVID Grant and Scholarships are available for foster, adopted and biological children and youth of currently licensed Resource Families.
- To be eligible, the caregiver must be a good standing member of the ACFPA.
- There is a limit of one COVID Grant per household per year.
- There is a limit of one ACFPA Scholarship per child per year.
- Families can apply for both a COVID Grant and Scholarship based on their needs.
COVID Grant Application Process
- Find the product you would like to purchase for your child/children. You may choose up to 3 items for purchase, not to exceed $100.
- Do NOT purchase the product(s). Reimbursement will not be made for items purchased prior to receiving your notice of award.
- Complete the ACFPA COVID Grant Application form.
- Submit your grant application to email@example.com or mail it to: ACFPA, 1271 Washington Ave #659, San Leandro, CA 94577
- Applications will be reviewed on a first come first served basis and notification will be provided to the caregiver within 2 weeks of submission using the email noted on the application form.
The ACFPA COVID Grant will be administered by the ACFPA Scholarship Committee. For questions, please use the Contact Us page. Please check the Scholarship page for Scholarship application and additional details.