This is a Member-Only opportunity, effective August 2022
The Sergeant-at-Arms is an appointed position and is not an official member of the Board of Directors.
This position is ideal for members who want to become more active in the Association and to eventually hold a Board position.
The role of the Sergeant-at-Arms is to keep order and efficiency during meetings. Some duties include:
- Verify attendance and quorums at meetings
- Occasionally facilitate ice-breakers
- Gently redirect participants when discussion drifts off topic or one participant dominates the discussion
- Monitor and keep track of time allotted for each agenda item
- Keep order during meetings
- For in person meetings, arrive early to welcome new members and assist with room set up as needed
- For Zoom meetings, alert the facilitator of raised hands and chats
To be considered for this position, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be an active, current member of the Alameda County Foster Parent Association.
- Commit to regularly attending monthly association meetings (fourth Monday, 7:00-8:30 p.m.).
- Abide by association rules and dutifully represent the association to the community.
- Make a one-year commitment to your role.
To apply for this opportunity, please submit the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A Letter of Interest briefly describing,
- Relevant work history and experience
- What makes you a good fit for to the position
- How you can contribute to the ACFPA Mission