JOIN THE ALAMEDA COUNTY FOSTER PARENT ASSOCIATION
Membership in the ACFPA is open to Resource Families (relatives or Foster Parents) who are actively caring for foster and/or adopted children in their homes. Since the ACFPA is a Chapter under the California Foster Parent Association (CSFPA), by becoming a member of ACFPA, you will also become a member of CSFPA and can take advantage of the offerings provided by both organizations.
Benefits of Membership
- Free monthly support meetings and continuing education programs needed for your Resource Family Approval (RFA) licensure.
- Opportunity to network with other Resource Families to share experiences, receive and provide guidance and support.
- A forum to discuss relevant topics such as liability insurance, respite care, working with the Department of Children and Family Services and to learn about new legislation and regulations impacting Resource Families.
- Information about upcoming events and helpful resources available to Resource Families and children.
- Information about special training related to caring for newborns and children with special needs through the County’s Community Action to Reach out to Infants (CARI) Program and support for CARI caregivers.
Member ONLY Benefits
- ACFPA sponsored events.
- Enrichment and academic Scholarships.
- Free retail donations from reputable organizations through our Clothing Closet.
- Free diapers, as available.
- Free tickets to sports events, shows and concerts, as available.
Membership and Sponsorship Types and Prices
- Full Member: $60/year for licensed couples OR $45/year for licensed singles
- Associate Member: $60/year for non-licensed couples OR $45/year for non-licensed singles
- Corporate SILVER: $100/year
- Corporate GOLD: $200/year
Membership dues are tax deductible. If you are a newly licensed caregiver receiving services through Alameda County, the County will cover your membership costs for the first year, therefore no payment is required with your application.
Become a Member/Renew Your Membership Today
Choose your preferred option:
1) Renew by mail: Download the membership application, complete and mail with your check made out to ACFPA to the following address: ACFPA, 1271 Washington Ave #659, San Leandro, CA 94577.
2) Renew and make your payment online. Note: There is $2 credit card service change for online payments. To renew online, click on the link below to get started.